Duration of Study Programme
1-2 Academic Year
October & January
- Achieve an integrated masters degree and the recommendation for Qualified Teacher Status on this innovative new teaching course
- Undertake varied school placements to develop your professional skills
- Prepare for future leadership roles by gaining problem solving and advanced research skills at masters level
- Choose from a range of curriculum enhancement options to tailor the course to your interests and career ambitions
- Learn from our passionate and experienced team who are committed to helping you become the best teacher you can be.
What you will study
You will study modules such as:
How you will learn
You’ll learn through lectures, workshops, seminars, tutorials, guest speakers, and creative partners. School placements are a vital part of your development, and you’ll also have the opportunity to broaden your experiences through museum visits, overseas school visits, and visits to special educational needs settings, early years and Key Stage 3 settings.
During the course, you’ll spend approximately 36 weeks on placement in a number of different schools. This will include a mixture of placements from EYFS (Early Years Foundation Stage) through to the end of Key Stage 2. You will also complete a placement in a special educational needs setting to help build your skills when working with diverse groups.
Method of Assessment
There are no exams, so you’ll be assessed through essays, personal reflections, presentations, posters, reports, tests, and audits. During the first three years of the course, you will undertake an assessed placement. In your final year, your placement will not be assessed.
September 2018 typical entry requirements
|UCAS points||120-128 (up to 16 from AS-levels)|
|Specific requirements at A-level||N/A|
|Specific requirements at GCSE||Five GCSEs at Grade C or above, including Maths, English Language and a Science (there are currently a range of equivalences which can be accepted. Please contact our Admissions team if you need clarification).|
|Interview / Audition||Yes|
Fees & funding
|UK/EU||£9,250 per year||N/A|
|International||£12,500 per year||N/A|
Request Information about this Course