The Edexcel BTEC Certificate in Personal Training (QCF) is ideal for you if you work in, or want to work in the sports, leisure and recreation industries.
This qualification gives you the opportunity to:
- develop a range of skills and techniques, personal skills and attributes essential
- have a successful performance in working life
- achieve a nationally-recognised level 4 qualification
- achieve a licence to practise
- develop your own personal growth and engagement in learning.
How you will learn
This programme is delivered with a flexible classroom-based method, through a variety of course materials, case studies, discussions, presentations, enquiry-based learning and problem-solving activities. We provide you with key reading and research activities, and you will make the most of our own teaching portal.
Method of Assessment
The purpose of assessment is to ensure that effective learning has taken place of the content of each unit. Evidence of this learning, or the application of the learning, is required for each unit. The assessment of the evidence relates directly to the assessment criteria for each unit. The grading of this qualification is at the unit and the qualification level.
Each successfully completed unit will be graded as a pass, merit or distinction. A pass is awarded for the achievement of all outcomes against the specified assessment criteria. Merit and distinction grades are awarded for higher-level achievement.
Summary of grades
|In order to achieve a pass in a unit
- All learning outcomes and associated assessment criteria have been met
|In order to achieve a merit in a unit
- Pass requirements achieved
- All merit grade descriptors achieved and all prescribed indicative characteristics
|In order to achieve a distinction in a unit
- Pass and merit requirements achieved
- All distinction grade descriptors achieved and all prescribed indicative characteristics
- School Leaving Certificate and 3 GCSEs; or
- Relevant qualification at EQF/MQF Level 3; or
- Relevant experience in the business sector,
- If English is not your first language, you will need IELTS 5.5 or equivalent
Exemptions from providing evidence of English language proficiency may arise if you have studied your previous qualification in English.
Students should produce copies of certificates, full CV preferably in EuroFormat and passport-size photo.